Test Results and Setbacks

Sorry for not updating in a while, our server was down for a few days. Our test last week was informative, if not as successful as we might have hoped. We learned that our software was not properly taking in the wind sensor’s data, and so the basic autonomous program running GaelForce XL was not running properly.  The general sailing went well, we found that the boat handled nicely, and was more responsive than previously thought. More recently, we have realized the sensors used to determine how far out the main sheet is, have been fried. We wanted to order replacements, but they only ship their sensors from California and Sweden, and given our tight schedule, we will try installing different sensors, specifically potentiometers.  Below are some photos of our last test.DCIM100GOPRO DCIM100GOPRO DCIM100GOPRO